9-YO Mangaluru Kid Swallows Magnet, Doctors Use Another To Remove It

In a rare life-saving procedure, doctors at the KMC Hospital in Mangaluru used a powerful magnet to save the life of a nine-year-old girl who was wheeled in with a magnet stuck in her windpipe.

Click Here: essendon bombers guernsey 2019

The girl was brought to the hospital with respiratory distress after she had aspirated a toy magnet while playing at home. Since the object was stuck in the windpipe, doctors faced a complicated situation. An x-ray showed the magnet was lodged in the primary bronchi of the right lung. Dr Jayateertha Joshi, paediatric surgeon, decided to immediately shift the child to the operation theatre and perform a bronchoscope, a procedure to check for abnormalities such as injury and bleeding to the girl’s airways.